[We Have Not Forgotten | Ruben Studdard]
I don’t remember the last time I started the morning listening to Gospel music. *sigh* … but the truth is, I need to thank God. Too much going on, too much stuff I can’t handle on my own. And I’m not so stupid as to presume that I can handle everything by myself. So I ask for help. And even though I don’t feel any easier, even though I still worry and wonder how I’m going to do things by myself, I want to believe that I won’t have to; so I’m thankful. Even when I’m not sure… even when I feel like I’m alone, even when I feel like I’m going to break down, I give thanks with the belief that one of these days, very soon, the things I’m thankful for will start to become things I can see.
Okay… on with the blog challenge.
#Day5: Five Things That Irritate Me about the Opposite/Same Sex
I’m going to try to use things that are common to both sexes.
1. People that’re selfish/inconsiderate: Everyone is selfish, at the end of all things. Because in all honesty, everything we do is tailored at making ourselves feel good. However, there are people who do things without considering the next person. To make any relationship work, no matter what kind of relationship it is, being considerate is basic. If you say you care about a person, or something y’all are doing together, then actions taken and words said should reflect that you’re considerate.
[Time Travelin’ (A Tribute to Fela) | Common]
Yeah… it’s been a long day so far… meetings here and there. I’m trying to make sure I actually write this post, so I’ll be doing this as the day goes along.
2. Oral Diarrhea: Yeah, a major source of irritation for me is a person that talks shit all the time. There’s this dude in my office who I’m constantly reminding myself not to punch in the throat because he just doesn’t know how to talk. Maybe because I make a conscious effort to be careful when it comes to the things I say. And I know some people are going to go on about how I say mean things all the time, but then; a) I say these mean things to people that I’m actually cool with. b) In as much as my words may be mean, they’re said with a smile & affection, so they don’t offend. Ugh… and on the other end of that spectrum, are people that don’t particularly talk trash, but just never stop talking. There’s this particular dude, whom my friends and I run away from. He just never stops talking. I mean… He. Never. Stops. Talking…
Point is, oral diarrhea is irritating sha. Another bit in this area, is for people who are… indiscrete. Sexually, that is. I’ve never understood the whole “kiss & tell” thing that guys do. When I meet a guy that feels the need to brag about the girl he was with last night or tell me who he’s been smashing, I feel like smashing his teeth in. I mean, what good is that little nugget of unrequested knowledge meant to do? Please, keep it to yourself. And as it turns out, I learned over the last year or so, that women are just as bad (if not worse) than dudes in the whole kissing and telling thing. It’s quite disturbing.
[Fire of the Heart | Acoustic Alchemy]
This has been a long ass day. I actually thought I’d have been able to carve out time to finish this post earlier in the day but well… it is what it is. *shrug*
3. Control Freaks: Women that’re always trying to have things done their own way are probably some of the most annoying beings on the planet. I’ve been in relationships with one or two that were like that, and it was always a gear grinding subject for me. Maybe it has something to do with my being one of those “natural leader” types… I don’t know. *shrugs* Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have to be in control all the time. In relationships I believe in mutual respect, and compromise; which means that at some points, I know very well that she’ll be a bit more knowledgeable about something or I’ll have to look to her for guidance in some issues. All I require is that the same consideration be given to me. That too much to ask? And being the kind of person I am, if I meet a woman that I see is used to getting her way, she’s probably never going to get her way with me.
[Give Me Your Name | Dead By Sunrise]
4. Messy People: This is common to both sexes as well. I’m not the neatest puppy in the litter, but I still believe that as human beings with basic self respect, people should be able to maintain some semblance of cleanliness. I never understood how much this trait irritated me until I got into uni, and saw guys’ rooms. There were guys whom I stopped talking to altogether because I just couldn’t understand how they could be so… “fresh” to the outside world, yet live in rooms that looked like pig sties in the aftermath of a hurricane. And as for women that’re messy… *sigh* … I don’t even know how they can stand themselves. I’ve met some girls that were messy as hell. Rooms upside down and all that. I wish I could say the fact that their rooms were messy deterred me from the reason(s) I was in the room in the first place, but… erm… *LooksAbout* … oh my! Look at the time! Let’s move on, shall we? Okay? Okay!
[Yesterday | The Beatles]
5. Liars: This is a funny one cos, well… everyone lies. Don’t even argue, just accept it. However, some people are just on a totally higher echelon. I try my best to be honest with people, especially the opposite sex, about the kind of person I am. Same way I expect them to be straight up with me. I don’t need to know everything about your life; I know we all have our secrets. But when you tell me something, I expect it to be true. I’m one of those people that really want to be able to take people at face value, so I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. So if you tell me blah blah blah (fill in the gap), and it turns out you were just bullshitting me, there’s going to be a problem. Even worse, is when it turns out that you had absolutely no reason to lie to me, but decided to bullshit me nevertheless? I’ll never be able to trust you. And if I can’t trust a person, well… what else is there to say?
[Forever Begins | Common]
“Forever is what I leave… my ‘I self’ contribution. Damn… what am I gonna leave? Okay, I leave my one and only grain of spiritual sand, to the universal scales of humanity…” – Lonnie Lynn, Snr.
So, that’s #DayFive. It’s been a long ass day, so I think I’m just gonna go to sleep. I’m sure I’ve got some stuff on my mind… maybe I’ll write when I wake up.
Peace, love, and White House MoinMoin.