So I’m taking a class on Coursera on Creativity, Innovation & Change, and we’ve come to a place which talks about finding one’s CENTER.
Yes, this is an odd way to start a post, but it’s my post so… deal with it.
Anyways, somewhere in one of the lessons, the lecturer talks about making certain statements as a way of establishing life goals or plans. For example, he says things like; “I am ____” and “I will be _____.”
So, I decided to take it seriously and make certain declarations about my life, and I decided to share it on here. I don’t know why I’m doing it, but I feel the need to write something (anything will do at this point), so here I am.
My Declarations of Life
- I’m a business development executive with ___ (sorry, can’t write company name here), and I will be the best that I can be, every single day that passes.
- I will take smart risks and responsibilities in order to be a(n extremely) capable professional and a provider for myself, my family and those who depend on me.
- I choose to be healthy; physically and mentally. To strengthen myself everyday and stay away (as best as I can) from those things that bring unbalance to my physical and mental health.
- I choose to be a good lover, partner and (future) husband.
- I choose to be a good father; to do my best for my daughter and future children. To teach them everything I can in order to help them be the best they can be as they get older and face challenges in life.
- I choose to cultivate compassion in my heart and soul. To find within myself, the ability to love and be kind to people, without considering inconveniences.
- I choose to be be disciplined; never losing sight of my goals and making whatever sacrifices necessary in order to achieve them.
- I choose to be a success in my chosen field(s) of endeavor.
- I will hold on to my pursuit of success and excellence; regardless of difficulties, regardless of negative opinions, regardless of the bumps in Life’s road.
- I will commit to living as well as I can manage; for myself, my family, and most importantly, for God.
- I will commit time to all I hold to be important. My family, my work, my health.
- I will commit time and effort to turn what I find to be hobbies and things I’m passionate about, into actual profitable endeavors.
- I will commit time to improving myself on all fronts; reading more, taking more responsibilities, becoming stronger and better.
- I will commit myself to being successful in all I put my hands to.
- My family is my life. They come before all else, and I will always treat them as such.
That’s it for now. I’m probably going to print this out and keep it where I can see it everyday, so I never lose sight. These are the things that’re important to me.